This is the third installment in a series of interviews with veteran teachers to get their perspective on our iPads in primary grades initiative, Advantage 2014. Is the initiative really having the impact our early adopters would have you believe? Would our more cautious or hesitant teachers agree? Here are the first and second posts in the series.
Stephanie Hathaway teaches kindergarten. Here are her thoughts on the initiative.
Highlights from Stephanie’s interview:
- She felt there was a lot of pressure to succeed, which she found daunting, since she wasn’t familiar with iPads before the initiative.
- But the district provided lots of professional development
- Impact: Assessment (time 0:48)
- Impact: Like having 18 teachers in the room – interventions & individualization (time 2:18)
- Impact: Motivation factor and creativity factor (time 4:07)
- Also supports the learning of handwriting.