This series is for school leaders working on implementing large-scale, learning-focused school change.
Your success depends not just on your technical knowledge about the initiative, but also how well you understand the three kinds of staff in your school (Yahoos, Yes Buts, and NFWs) and how their support needs differ.
The Yahoos are those folks who are always excited about new and interesting practices, programs and resources and were anxious to try them out in their own classroom.
The Yes Buts seem hesitant and skeptical of the initiatives with their questions of “but what about this and what about that?”
The NFWs are the folks who look a little like Yes Buts with their questions of “but what about this and what about that?” but who are really saying to themselves and their fellow NFWs, “No freaking way am I doing this!”
- An Introduction to The 3 Types of Colleagues in a Change Initiative
- What We Misunderstand about Yahoos
- How to Best Support Yahoos
- What We Misunderstand about Yes Buts
- How to Best Support Yes Buts
- What We Misunderstand about NFWs
- How to Best Support NFWs