Mauri Dufour is one of our kindergarten teachers in Auburn, an early adopter of iPads in primary grades, and is an Apple Distinguished Educator. Over the past year, Mauri has explored the role of QR codes in her classroom.
Last March, she took some time to tell me about how she uses QR codes to connect with her students’ families.
Highlights from Mauri’s video:
- Each Friday, her students each make a video for his or her family about that week’s literacy center
- Students must explain the “why” of the lesson, as well as, what they did in the center
- The QR code makes it easy to share the weekly video with the family
- This has helped foster a strong Home/School connection
- Mauri describes how she worked with parents to make this happen
Despite working in a high poverty school, the QR codes have helped create much stronger parent involvement and communication than might otherwise be expected.