When you start changing how you organize school for performance-based learning and recognizing that people learn in different ways and in different time frames, you quickly realize that the center of school shifts from courses to the curriculum and where students are within the curriculum.
How you organize the curriculum and then make it transparent to students becomes critically important.
Here is the whole recent series of posts related to curriculum organization and learning progress management within customized learning:
- Curriculum & Customized Learning (Introduction, including an overview of the curriculum model)
- Content Knowledge & Curriculum Organization for Customized Learning
- Complex Reasoning: Curriculum for Customized Learning
- Life-Long Habits of Mind: Curriculum for Customized Learning
- Keeping Track of Student Learning in Customized Learning: Part 1
- Keeping Track of Student Learning in Customized Learning: Part 2